Librarian Customer Services (Weekend) - Ref: 091
Permanent Part Time
We are looking for three weekend librarians who are enthusiastic individuals who will have what it takes to succeed in these dynamic and challenging roles. As a member of the Librarian and Arts team, you will deliver exceptional customer service in our libraries, ensuring the needs of our customers are met.
Whilst ideally we are after a candidate with relevant work experience but will consider someone who is clearly passionate about customer service.
There are three roles available on a permanent part-time basis:
Otaki Library - Saturday only (5.75 hours per week)
Paraparaumu Library – Saturday only (6.5 hours per week)
Paraparaumu Library - Saturday and Sunday (10.75 hours per week)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A passion for customer service
- Relevant work experience in a library or similar environment is desirable but not essential.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated competence and familiarity with Information Technology including knowledge of common software packages such as Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Driver’s License is essential.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Ian Littleworth, Libraries and Arts Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, police vetting and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 22 April 2021. Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Librarian Customer Services (Weekend) 091” to [email protected].
Please note in your application which of the roles you prefer or would like to be considered for.