Operations Lead, Programmes and Outreach, Kaiwhakahaere Akoranga Hapori - Ref:168
Full Time - Permanent
‘Ma te ako, ka mōhio, ma te mōhio ka mārama, ma te mārama ka mātau.
I roto i te whakaiti, he kohā ki te tangata.’
‘From seeking, comes knowing from knowing comes understanding, from understanding comes wisdom. With gratitude, respect and humbleness you share your wisdom that grows others’.
Nau mai, hou mai, kia whīkoi tahi tāua.
About the role
Kāpiti District Libraries is recruiting a Kaiwhakahaere Akoranga Hapori: Operations Lead to join the Programme and Outreach Team.
This role is based at Paraparaumu Library but works across the district overseeing the operations of the team and supporting the development of existing and new library programmes.
The delivery of physical and online programmes and outreach services support the cultivation of contemporary community hubs and provides positive cultural and social outcomes for our communities across the district.
Skills and Experience
- Sound experience in managing the diverse operational requirements of a small team located across different sites.
- Understanding of the development, organisation and delivery of programmes, events or activities, preferably in a library or other community focused environment.
- An understanding of Te Ao Māori perspectives and Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and their application and expression within libraries.
- Tertiary qualifications in fields such as Management, Libraries, Cultural Leadership, or the GLAM sector. If you don’t have these qualifications but have experience and demonstrated effectiveness in relevant fields.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Drivers’ Licence.
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the role description here[PDF 229 KB].
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Ian Littleworth, Libraries & Cultural Services Manager through 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, police vetting and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Closing 12.00pm on Monday, 11 July 2022.
Please email with the subject line “Operations Lead, Programmes and Outreach - Ref:168” your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable), COVID-19 vaccination pass and Drivers Licence to [email protected]