Parks and Outdoor Recreation Advisor - Ref:251
Full Time - Permanent
About the role
Fun and outdoorsy!
We are looking for a fantastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in this dynamic role. As a member of the Parks, Open Space and Environment team, you will help ensure that all outdoor recreation facilities, sporting grounds and parks within the Kapiti Coast district are fit for purpose and well managed.
You will build strong Inter-Agency partnerships in the recreation space and with those involved in delivering great places and spaces. Building strong relationships with our diverse user groups is key. You will provide maintenance and facility improvement advice in a way that promotes the development of the district’s active open spaces in a manner that enhances the general usage of parks, playgrounds, sporting grounds, and neighbourhood parks.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualification in Parks and Recreation (or similar) and minimum of 2 years experience working in the parks and open spaces industry, with demonstrable practical knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of accomplishment and a consistent track record in Parks and Outdoor recreational management.
- Demonstrates innovative and ‘outside the box’ thinking to address challenging issues.
- Demonstrates experience in engaging with the community and key stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes, while demonstrating commitment to customer service.
- Robust knowledge and experience working with the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015, particularly how it applies to contract management and work site safety.
- Ability to effectively administer of budgets and deliver programs of works across multi sites.
- Ability to understand and effectively contribute to service level agreements and auditing systems.
- Proven experience in successful relationship management with demonstrated ability to work effectively with others through negotiation, persuasion, and building & maintaining successful professional working relationships.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Drivers’ license
Please find the Job Description here[PDF 193 KB].
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Trevor Jackson, Team Leader, Parks & Outdoor Recreation on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence.