Parks and Reserves Serviceperson – Ref:191
Full Time - Permanent
Do you enjoy working outside in a good team environment? Are you reliable and have a good work ethic? If so, we’re looking for you.
We are currently recruiting for Parks and Reserves Servicepersons to provide maintenance service activities for the open space, public land and reserve areas within the Kāpiti District.
To be successful in either of these roles you will:
Have a can-do attitude
- Hold a full current and valid NZ Driver Licence
- Holder of a current & valid Heavy Trade Licence with no restrictions. (Desirable)
- Have an understanding and an appreciation of the importance of efficiently and effectively maintaining the open space, public land and reserve areas within the Kāpiti District.
- Be able to effectively and safely undertake the tasks of a physical nature
- Be able to competently use a range of plant and machinery
Please find the Parks and Reserves Serviceperson Job Description here[PDF 209 KB]
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Chris Heenan, Parks and Reserves Supervisor on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486 or email: [email protected]
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please email with the subject line “Parks and Reserves Servicepersons - Ref: 191” your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable), COVID-19 vaccination pass and Drivers Licence to [email protected]
Closing 12.00pm on Thursday 23rd June 2022.