Principal Advisor Growth and Development – Ref: 70
Fixed Term (2 years)– Full Time
We are looking for an experienced advisor who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Economic Development team, you will provide strategic advice for growth opportunities, ensuring strong alignment with district, regional and central government frameworks and legislation as well as alignment with Council Economic Development work streams and activities. This role will require strong coordination and facilitation skills to manage the complexity of the Provincial growth fund portfolio.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a large multi-faceted or complex business environment with multiple customer and stakeholder expectations.
- A relevant tertiary qualification or relevant experience in a similar role (preferably with a mix of government, Iwi/Māori and business experience)
- PRINCE 2, MSP and MoP or equivalent operational programme management experience.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing Iwi/Māori relationships and projects.
- Experience as a practising portfolio, programme and project manager.
- Experience influencing and persuading others to promote the achievement of the Kāpiti Coast District Council Long Term Plan objectives.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, including proven ability to communicate at all levels and ability to adapt communications and presentations according to the audience (in particular sound ability to simplify the complex technical issues and tailor key messages for the relevant stakeholder group).
Please find the Role Description here.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Darryn Grant, Economic Development Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 21 November 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Principal Advisor Growth and Development – Ref:70” to Tracey.Waye@kapiticoast.govt.nz.