Principal Advisor - Strategy & Growth - Ref:321
Full Time - Fixed term (2 years)
About the role
Systems thinker who’s after their next challenge? Look no further. We are looking for politically savvy, experienced Principal Advisor who flourishes in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Strategy and Growth management team, you will report to the GM Strategy & Growth and work closely with the Chief Advisor and Executive Officer to ensure continuity, alignment, and connection in advice and work across the Group. This role leads out on organisation-wide project work, working collaboratively with Managers and teams both within and outside the Group, on behalf of the Group Manager. We are after a deep thinker with generalist knowledge, but if you are familiar with doughnut economics, developing outcome frameworks and strategies or lifting the strategic capability in an organisation then you’ll have an advantage in this role. Due to the nature and focus for this role, it requires a sharp-minded approach and demonstrated clear thinking, excellent influencing, communication and relationship management skills. The Principal Advisor has an important leadership role and a high degree of influence on continuing to implement changes required to respond to the key drivers.
Skills and Experience
- Proven management experience at a senior level preferably with a background in policy, performance, economics, local government, or similar.
- Strengths in contributing at senior management level and working collaboratively in a governance role.
- Sound political acumen, and the ability to operate in environments of political sensitivity, with a flexible, adaptable and pragmatic approach.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to work with ambiguity. This would include experience in taking long term and broader regional or national perspectives when making decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing change strategies, and cross organisation programmes of work. This would include experience at providing an evidence-based approach and effectively obtaining, organising and analysing information.
- Track record of excellent communication skills both written and verbal at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in systems thinking at local, regional and national levels. This would include proven experience in problem solving complex issues, including negotiation and problem resolution with multiple parties.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining high quality relationships and working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Proven experience of effective influence, gaining the trust and confidence of others, with differing levels of experience and understanding.
- Demonstrated good level of knowledge of Tikanga Maori, awareness of Maori perspectives and of issues relevant to Maori.
Please find the Job Description on here.[PDF 159 KB]
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Kris Pervan Group manager Strategy & Growth on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
We will be looking to interview the right candidates as soon as we receive applications and reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date of this vacancy, so don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence.
Closing 12.00pm on Monday 3 April 2023.