Procurement Systems Advisor – Ref:327
Full Time – Permanent
Play a key role in transforming our procurement function!
About the role
At Kapiti Coast District Council, we’re passionate about building a high performing procurement function that helps deliver the infrastructure, services and facilities we need to meet the challenges we’re facing and to support our whole community to thrive. Now’s a great time to join the team and to help make a huge difference.
The Procurement Systems Advisor will drive collaboration and information-sharing, proactively engaging with and supporting a wide range of stakeholders. Acting as Council super-user and administrator for a range of procurement systems, you will promote effective utilisation and lead ongoing improvements.
Please find the Job Description here[PDF 203 KB].
Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years’ relevant procurement experience, ideally with some experience in the NZ public sector.
- Some specialist training in procurement, ideally with a formal procurement qualification such as MCIPS (or studying towards this).
- Systems experience: MS Excel (highly skilled), other MS Office systems; e-Procurement systems; finance systems; EPO systems.
- Highly skilled in data analysis and reporting.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work proactively and effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Drivers’ licence.
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Steve Bickers, Procurement Lead on 027 2202717 or free phone 0800 486 486.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable), and Drivers Licence.
We will process candidates as they come so don’t delay!