Property and Facilities Maintenance Manager
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for an outstanding leader with extensive knowledge of legislations relating to building compliance requirements. As the Property and Facilities Maintenance Manager, you will provide leadership to the newly formed Property and Facilities Maintenance team to ensure effective delivery of properties and facilities maintenance services. You will undertake site inspections on a variety of projects and work closely with design and construction professionals as well as property owners and the general public. You will be responsible for ensuring all Kāpiti Coast District Council properties and facilities meet legislative compliance standards and that we act as a caring and responsible landlord, e.g. building warrants of fitness, public and workplace health and safety requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A qualification in property maintenance management or project management in construction and 7+ years’ leadership experience in Construction or Property maintenance industry.
- Experience in property management including asset management, capital works programs, commercial leasing.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and management for decision making and reporting.
- Ability to optimise and use software to assist in the delivery of property and facilities management and maintenance projects.
- Good working knowledge of local and central government legislation relevant to land and buildings, in particular, the Residential Tenancies Act 1986, Public Works Act 1981, Property Law Act 2007, Building Act 2004 (including earthquake strengthening policy and requirements), and the Local Government Act 2002.
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and disputes while maintaining good relationships and preserving the Council’s business objectives.
- Effective delivery of property technical advisory services to varied audiences with little or no property knowledge.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organisational skills, and the ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of commercial property, valuation and market principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to deliver presentations to the Council and/or Committee Meetings including guidance and advice around property matters.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to foster a positive culture of high performance within the team.
- Demonstrated effective relationship management skills to build and maintain successful and professional working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Excellent change management skills with the ability to develop and implement procedures and quality insurance processes.
- Holder of a current and valid full NZ Drivers’ licence.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on https://www.sheffield.co.nz