Property and Facilities Maintenance Senior Advisor
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Property Maintenance specialist with extensive knowledge of legislations relating to building compliance requirements. As a member of the Property and Facilities Maintenance team, you will undertake site inspections on a variety of projects and work closely with design and construction professionals as well as property owners and the general public. You will be responsible for ensuring all Kāpiti Coast District Council properties and facilities meet legislative compliance standards and that we act as a caring and responsible landlord, e.g. building warrants of fitness, public and workplace health and safety requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Good working knowledge of local and central government legislations relevant to property, asset and facilities maintenance land and buildings, in particular, the Residential Tenancies Act 1986, Public Works Act 1981, Property Law Act 2007, Building Act 2004 (including earthquake strengthening policy and requirements), and the Local Government Act 2002.
- Experience in property management and maintenance including asset management, capital works programs, commercial and residential leasing.
- Understanding of commercial property market principles.
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and disputes while maintaining good relationships and preserving the Council’s business objectives.
- Effective relationship management skills which build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Effective delivery of property maintenance and legislative regulatory technical advisory services to varied audiences with little or no property knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and management for decision making and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to deliver presentations to the Council and/or Committee Meetings including guidance and advice around property matters.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to proactively assess and identify risks.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Ability to work after hours when required.
- Holder of a current and valid full NZ Drivers’ licence
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on https://www.sheffield.co.nz