Refurbishment and Renewal Projects Manager
Permanent – Full Time
We’re looking for a highly organised and naturally collaborative project manager to join our newly formed Property and Facilities Maintenance team. You will have extensive knowledge of legislations relating to building compliance requirements. This role is responsible for refurbishment and renewal project work within the property and parks portfolio and work program that are required to be delivered directly or through contractors. You will work closely with design and construction professionals as well as property owners and the general public. You will be responsible for ensuring all Kāpiti Coast District Council properties and facilities meet legislative compliance standards and that we act as a caring and responsible landlord, e.g. building warrants of fitness, public and workplace health and safety requirements.
Depending on the context of particular projects, a close and collaborative working relationship with the Project Management Office (PMO) will be required to ensure effective planning and delivery.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant Building or Property Project Management qualification and 5+ years’ experience in commercial and/or residential property refurbishment project management.
- Experience in large projects financial budgeting and management.
- Effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in managing effectively multiple suppliers and stakeholders ensuring the successful delivery of renewal or refurbishment projects.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to effectively procure suppliers and service providers to ensure projects are delivered to set expectations, on time and within budget.
- Experience working with large government or external funders to deliver complex projects.
- Ability to optimise and use software to assist in the delivery of property and facilities management and maintenance projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of local and central government legislation relevant to land and buildings, in particular, the Public Works Act 1981, Property Law Act 2007, and the Local Government Act 2002 & 1994, Reserves Act 1977, Building Act 2004 and Fire Regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of asset management and lease management (i.e. ADLS Leases or Reserves Act leases) and experience in general building facilities management, maintenance and building compliance needs.
- Ability to effectively deliver technical property project management advisory services to varied audiences with little or no property knowledge.
- Experience in risk identification, assessment and management.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written with well-developed report writing skills.
- Demonstrated good judgement and political awareness regarding the importance of successful publicly funded projects.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Holder of a current and valid full NZ Drivers’ licence.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on https://www.sheffield.co.nz