Resource Consents Planner – Ref:207
Full Time – Permanent
About the role
The Kāpiti Coast District Council is looking for a Resource Consents Planner wanting to take their career to the next level by contributing to a growing and dynamic district. The Resource Consents Planner is part of a team that delivers a wide range of resource consent related outputs to Kāpiti, ensuring compliance with the Resource Management Act 1991, the District Plan, and in accordance with statutory requirements. With increasing population and financial growth, major expressway roading projects completed, and a diverse and dynamic coastal environment, now is a great time to be involved in the planning field within our region. We have a focus on improving our practices so we are after someone who takes pride in their work, enjoys a collaborative approach to decision making, has a good eye for detail, strong work ethic and wants to take on new challenges and learn from an experienced team.
Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years relevant experience in planning, resource management or a related field
- Relevant degree in Planning/Resource Management, Law, Environmental Studies or related field.
- Demonstrated sound working experience in a planning role and detailed knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991 and other relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated good level of knowledge of tikanga Māori, awareness of Māori perspectives and of issues relevant to Māori.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically, analytically and laterally.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability and confidence learning other applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated proactive and collaborative approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and the ability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
Please find the Role Description on here[PDF 223 KB].
This role sits within a knowledgeable and innovative team, which offers the opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive environment. On-the-job training will be provided to further develop the skills you require to complete a diverse range of resource management tasks and projects.
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington makes the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Yolanda Morgan, Team Leader Resource Consents [email protected] or phone 0800 486 486
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable), COVID-19 vaccination pass and Drivers Licence.
Closing 12.00pm on Tuesday 16th August 2022.