Reticulation Serviceperson - Ref:267
Permanent Full Time
About the role
Kāpiti Coast District Council’s Reticulation Team are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team as the Reticulation Serviceperson – Water who has a can-do attitude in assisting the day-to-day operation of the Reticulations unit to ensure that the highest possible level of service is provided.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a National Certificate in Water Reticulation and Sewer/Stormwater systems or have previous experience in plumbing, drainlaying and willing to commit to achieve this qualification.
- Have effective time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a can-do attitude and be a self-starter.
- Hold a full current and valid NZ Driver Licence, HT, WTR.
- Be able to operate a computer using MapInfo GIS system.
- Be available and willing to work overtime including weekends, as required
Please find the Job Description here[PDF 236 KB]
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Chris Kaloyanis, Water Reticulation Supervisor on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
Within the Infrastructure Services Group our team is responsible for maintenance of the water supply reticulation. Day to day activities include new installation, repair and/or replacement of mains water pipes, supply lateral pipes, and installation of meters and manifolds. We operate 24/7, 365 days of the year providing the service and run a standby roster to cover after hours calls.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable), and Drivers Licence.
Closing 12.00pm on Monday 10 July 2023.
Please note that even though there is a close-off date for this vacancy, we will endeavour to progress with applications as they are received.