Senior Advisor Communications and Engagement - Ref: 391
Join our awesome team and deliver communications that really matter and help people access and engage in the variety of services and facilities we provide.
About the role
We are looking for looking for an energetic, creative and politically savvy communications and engagement professional to join our Communications team.
In this role you'll support a wide variety of operational areas from parks and open spaces, libraries, aquatics, animal management and infrastructure services, amongst a diverse range of projects.
The Communications team plays a key role in helping the public to understand the role our Council plays in the community and encouraging participation in Council decisions, services and facilities. You’ll be a collaborative, customer-focussed go-getter who is comfortable wearing many hats and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have a proven track record in delivering strategic communications and engagement advice and nailing delivery.
You’ll have a sharp eye for detail and work closely alongside members of the Communications and Engagement team to deliver best practice communications and engagement services, and lift engagement capability across Council.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience as a senior communications and engagement professional who is able to think on your feet, work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in delivering quality strategic communications and engagement advice and supporting a range of projects.
- Previous experience in media and issues management.
- The ability to establish and build strong working relationships with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders.
- An ability to cope with change and adjust to and work with a variety of situations, individuals and agencies.
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion.
Please find the full Job Description here[PDF 220 KB].
For a confidential discussion please contact Sue Owens, Communications and Engagement Manager at [email protected] or 027 5555 676.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening and criminal history. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence.
Applications for this role close 5pm, Friday 29 September 2023.