Senior Communications and Engagement Advisor - Ref:092
Senior Communications and Engagement Advisor – Ref: 092
Fixed term – 24 months
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now
We’re looking for a seasoned communications and engagement professional with a passion for supporting the delivery of capital projects to join our Communications team. As the Senior Advisor Communications and Engagement supporting our Project Management Office you will work collaboratively with project leads to develop and implement plans to enable the Council to effectively inform and engage the Kāpiti Coast community at the right time, in the right way.
This is a dynamic and challenging role and we want someone who understands how change affects people, can plan and manage a varied workload, make things happen, and be a champion for authentic and credible communication. A positive can-do attitude is a must.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong experience advising on communications, stakeholder, community and customer engagement at a senior level.
- Previous experience in brand, media and issues management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a sharp eye for detail.
- An ability to cope with change and adjust to, and work with, a variety of situations, individuals and agencies.
- Confidence to positively challenge established ways of doing things by sharing resourceful ideas and solutions.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy.
- Solid understanding of digital communication and engagement practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of the need for, and ability to exercise discretion, good judgment and political sensitivity within the unique local government environment.
- An understanding and appreciation of Council business is desirable.
- A current and valid NZ Driver’s License
Please find the Job Description here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Sue Owens, Communications & Engagement Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Wednesday 28 April 2021. Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers License marked “Senior Communications and Engagement Advisor– Ref: 092” to [email protected]