Senior Lifeguard/ Lifeguard - Ref:176
Senior Lifeguard / Lifeguard – Apprenticeship Opportunity
Full-Time - Permanent
Our people are learning and growing.
Due to internal promotions, we are looking for three enthusiastic individuals to join our Aquatics Team. You may have some leadership or supervisor experience (Senior Lifeguard) or someone looking to start a new career. If you love being active and want to be part of a vibrant and customer focussed industry then a career in Aquatics could be for you.
On the job, fully funded training supported by us will earn you a NZ Certificate in Aquatics (Senior Pool Lifeguard) Level 4. A national standard recognised by employers internationally. www.skillsactive.org.nz/our-qualifications/aquatics for more info.
We have roles at Òtaki Pool and Coastlands Aquatic Centre with the opportunity to work at Waikanae Pool in the summer.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have exceptional customer service skills and have immense pride in the presentation of the facility and the services it provides.
- Enjoy working in a team environment with a collective goal of keeping customers safe while creating a great experience within our facilities.
- Be capable of dealing with the public in a confident, calm and friendly manner and dealing with emergency situations.
- Be comfortable with shift work, we open 17 hours a day, 364 days a year.
- Have experience of supervising a team. (Senior)
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Zuri Brudenell, Aquatics Training Coordinator on 04 296 5503 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening and police vetting, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications will be considered as we receive them so please apply now! Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers License marked “Senior Lifeguards/ Lifeguards Ref: 176” to [email protected]