Senior Network Engineer Water & Wastewater – Ref:040
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Engineer who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Water and Wastewater Assets team, you will monitor performance of both water and wastewater networks across the Kapiti Coast district ensuring efficient levels of service delivery. You will be responsible for the implementation of the Annual CAPEX plan and the effective and integrated management of Asset Planning initiatives including reviewing applications for new developments and connections. Additionally, you will be preparing robust, defensible long-term maintenance and renewal budgets for all water and wastewater networks and ensuring this is included in the Asset Management Plan.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Engineering qualification in Civil, Mechanical or Environmental engineering and demonstrated experience related to water and wastewater.
- Experience in liaising with the developers and or development engineering team for at least five years.
- Knowledge of criteria for design and construction (NZS 4404:2010) of land development and subdivision infrastructure.
- Contract management experience in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research and prepare reports on a wide variety of water and wastewater infrastructure planning, construction and maintenance projects.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out asset condition assessments, performance ratings and updating information within asset management systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Drivers’ licence
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Ramesh Sharma, Water & Wastewater Assets Manager on 04 296 4863 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Monday 27 September 2021.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Senior Network Engineer W&W – Ref:040” to [email protected]