Service Desk Team Leader Ref:173
Full Time – Permanent
Would you like a job where you bike to work in the sunshine, go for a lunchtime swim in the pool or at the beach, and enjoy the great outdoors all weekend?
We’re looking for someone who provides leadership and mentoring to the Service Desk area of the IT Team and will drive a culture of continual process improvement within the team.
This role is responsible for leading the OS imaging and application packaging service that provides a stable, predictable, secure, and automated desktop environment for the Council.
The skills that you will ideally have for this role to ensure you can provide effective advice and support to the team and clients you assist include;
- Previous experience in leading teams.
- Experience with packaging, managing, updating, and deploying applications
- Previous experience creating, maintaining, and managing task sequences and Operating System Images
- Ability to influence and manage outcomes.
- Solid understanding of operational delivery with proven track record in delivering desktop and service management transformational projects.
- Strong technical skills and relevant training on computer and hardware
- Good understanding of wide area and local networks, security, server environments and cloud-based computing.
- Relationship building and management skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience leading and directing service management (ITIL) processes and practices
Working for the Kapiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description here [PDF 182 KB]
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Ewen Church, Chief Information Officer on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
All applications will be considered upon receipt, so please don’t delay applying.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please email with the subject line “Service Desk Team Leader - Ref:173 your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable), COVID-19 vaccination pass and Drivers Licence to [email protected]