Sustainability and Resilience Manager – Ref: 11
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader with experience initiating, implementing, and continually improving sustainability programs. As the Sustainability and Resilience Manager you will be responsible for the integrated management of solid waste services, energy management, emergency management, carbon management and for the development and implementation of strategies, policies and processes across these areas.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable, however consideration may be given to practical waste management, energy management and climate change adaptation, planning and contract management experience.
- Demonstrated project and/or contract management experience.
- Experience in reviewing and developing policies and strategies.
- Effective communicator who can write reports and make presentations to management and Council, which are concise, accurate and which can explain technical matters in a manner easily understood by non-specialist people.
- Demonstrated analytical skills which include problem solving, the ability to understand and to come to terms quickly with a very wide range of often complex material and the ability to identify relevant information and present it in an oral or written report, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience using computer database and mapping systems.
- Holder of a current and valid Full NZ Drivers’ licence.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Role Description here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Sean Mallon, Group Manager Infrastructure Services on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Friday 27 September 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Sustainability and Resilience Manager – Ref: 13” to email@example.com.