Team Leader Lifeguards - Ref: 182
Full Time - Permanent
About the role
Due to internal promotions, we are looking for two enthusiastic individuals to join our Aquatics Team at the Coastland Aquatic Centre. You may have some leadership or supervisory experience (Senior Lifeguard) or you’re someone looking to start a new career. If you love being active and want to be part of a vibrant and customer focused industry, then a career in Aquatics could be for you.
On the job, fully funded training supported by us will earn you a NZ Certificate in Aquatics (Senior Pool Lifeguard) Level 4. A national standard recognised by employers internationally. www.skillsactive.org.nz/our-qualifications/aquatics for more info.
Skills and Experience
- Have exceptional customer service skills and have immense pride in the presentation of the facility and the services it provides.
- Enjoy working in a team environment with a collective goal of keeping customers safe while creating a great experience within our facilities.
- Be capable of dealing with the public in a confident, calm and friendly manner and dealing with emergency situations.
- Be comfortable with shift work, we open 17 hours a day, 364 days a year.
- Have experience of supervising a team. (Senior)
Please find the Job Description [PDF 230 KB] on here.
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Zuri Brudenell, Aquatics Training Coordinator on 04 296 5503 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening and police vetting, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Team Leader Lifeguards Ref: 182” to [email protected]. We will be processing applications as they come, so don’t delay, get your application in today!
Closing 12.00 noon, Friday 20th May 2022.