Team Leader Public Spaces & Animal Management - Ref: 097
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for an experienced and forward thinking Team Leader who takes pride in achieving set goals by leading mentoring and coaching team members.
In this role you will lead the Public Spaces and Animal Management Team in the delivery of efficient service ensuring legislative roles, statutory functions and obligations under relevant legislation, bylaws and policies are practically and consistently applied, managed and delivered.
If you are physically fit, have an interest or experience in this area and enjoy working with the community, we want to hear from you!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated leadership and management experience;
- a Bachelor’s degree and/or demonstrated equivalent qualification or experience including relevant extensive experience in investigations;
- a proven ability to communicate effectively with members of the public and demonstrated ability to use problem solving methodology;
- a commitment to excellence in customer services with the capacity to negotiate and respond effectively to stakeholder interests and resolve problems;
- demonstrated ability to interpret and practically apply relevant legislations such as the Dog Control Act 1996, Impounding Act 1955; Animal Welfare Act 1999, Freedom Camping Act 2012, and other related legislation;
- demonstrated report writing and Microsoft office skills;
- a current NZ Drivers Licence;
- an understanding of and commitment to good health and safety behaviour and practices in the workplace.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Jacquie Muir, Environmental Standards Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
Please find attached a copy of the role description here.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Monday 17 June 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Team Leader Public Spaces & Animal Management – Ref:097” to firstname.lastname@example.org.