Waste Minimisation Advisor - Ref: 061
Permanent Part Time Position – 20 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Sustainability and Resilience team, the Waste Minimisation Advisor will advocate for sustainable waste management practices, and will be responsible for developing and delivering waste education programmes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A related professional qualification or tertiary qualification, however consideration will be given to sufficient relevant working experience
- Experience working in waste minimisation and education is preferred
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated environmental awareness combined with a pragmatic approach to implementing viable waste minimisation initiatives
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Data collection and administration skills
- A current and valid NZ Drivers’ license
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
For further information about the role please refer to the JD here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Ruth Clarke, Waste Projects Manager, on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 4 February 2021
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers License marked “Waste Minimisation Advisor – Ref 061 to [email protected]