Wastewater Treatment Specialist – Ref: 20
Full time, Permanent
Kāpiti Coast District Council provides wastewater collection, treatment and disposal for the residents and businesses of urban communities in Ōtaki, Waikanae, Paraparaumu and Raumati. We use a computerised monitoring and control system to manage all treatment plants and pumping stations, except for very small pump stations and those with very high storage capacities, which are monitored manually.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Wastewater Treatment Plant team located in Paraparaumu. Our team works very collaboratively so we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
- an ability to safely and competently undertake the physical tasks associated with these roles.
- a strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills.
- an ability and willingness to work on a 24/7 roster that may include overtime and standby to ensure effective cover for the treatment plants and services.
- a mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- a level of competence to effectively use current technology and a willingness to learn new systems and process to keep up to date with new technology in this field.
The successful applicants will need to undertake a relevant vaccination programme if appropriate, hold a Breathing Apparatus Certification and a Confined Spaces Certification. The Council will support the appointees to gain these in need within six months from commencement in the role.
Ideally applicants will hold a National Certificate in Water or Wastewater Treatment Level 4 or the equivalent. However, where an appointment is made to the position without the National Certificate, the appointee will be required to gain this qualification within two years from commencement in the role and the Council will provide funding support for course costs.
Please find the Job Description here.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Grant Stuart, Wastewater Treatment Supervisor on 04 296 4680 or free phone 0800 486 486.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Wednesday 28 August 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Wastewater Treatment Specialist - Ref:20” to firstname.lastname@example.org.