Wastewater Treatment Specialist - Ref:116
Full Time - Fixed term (2 years)
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Wastewater Treatment Plants Team you will be responsible for operating and maintaining Two Wastewater treatment plants and a Thermal Drying Plant using a wood-fired boiler.
We are looking for applicants who are wishing to develop a career in the water industry and have:
- Demonstrated experience working in a treatment plant environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and how it applies to the Council environment and implications for application.
- Hold a current & valid NZ Driver’s License with no restrictions for the class(es) of vehicle that may be required to be driven in this role, e.g.: HT License Forklift etc.
- Hold a current and valid Dangerous Goods License (or the ability and capability to gain one) as transporting chemicals is required.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and capability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Demonstrated competent PC skills, particularly with computer applications including the Microsoft Office software, and a good knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems.
- Ability to reduce a complex process to its component parts and express this in simple language.
- The ability to understand and use mathematical formula.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of dangerous goods and infectious diseases.
- Have a demonstrated mechanical or electrical aptitude as the role holder will be required to diagnose plant equipment faults.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Grant Stuart, Wastewater Treatment Plants specialist on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Closing 12.00pm on Friday 11 February 2021.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Wastewater Treatment Specialist - 012” to [email protected].