Water and Wastewater Asset Engineer - Ref: 389
Full Time - Permanent
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Water and Wastewater Asset Engineer who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Water and Wastewater team, you will undertake various asset management tasks related to water & wastewater services that include, but not limited to:
- Assist with project planning, procurement, implementation, and management of asset data collection related projects.
- Assist in the scoping and implementation of agreed system improvements.
- Undertake periodic compliance data integrity audits to analyse and identify any inconsistent and/or non-conforming data anomalies and corrective actions.
- Providing technical engineering advice on subdivision and land development.
- Providing pre application advice and participating in design and review meetings on matters of subdivision and land development.
- Process and administer applications for new connections to the water and wastewater network.
- Update Asset register, asset capitalisation, getting updated as-builts and P&ID into appropriate reference systems and folders
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Plan and LTP, AMP and responses to submissions.
- research, source, and co-ordinate information to assist with the completion of Asset Management Plans.
- Contribute collaboratively, positively and effectively to the operation of the team, the Group, and the organisation as a whole.
- Build and maintain effective professional working relationship with all key stakeholders.
- Monitor and timely completion of assigned service request (SR) actions and associated SR recording and close out processes.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective professional working relationships with all key stakeholders, including with other council staff members based on a collaborative, collegial and cooperative working style.
- Experience in effective project and contract management and administration
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral including report writing
- Competency in Microsoft applications and experience using GIS software
- Relevant Engineering qualification, preferably a Civil/mechanical engineer with relevant work history and skill set.
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Drivers’ licence and other special licences relevant to the role as may be required e.g.: HT Licence.
Please find the Job Description on here[PDF 238 KB].
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Ramesh Pillai, Acting Manager, Water & Wastewater Services on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence.
Closing 12.00pm on Tuesday 26 September 2023.