Water Treatment Specialist – Ref: 114
Permanent – Full Time
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
The Water Treatment Plant Team is responsible for operating and maintaining five water treatment plants, eight supplementary and two emergency bores. In addition, they are responsible for monitoring the water quality in the reticulation system.
We are looking for a Water Treatment Specialist who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. Our team works very collaboratively so we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
- an ability to safely and competently undertake the physical tasks associated with these roles;
- a strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills;
- an ability and willingness to work on a 24/7 roster that may include overtime and standby to ensure effective cover for the treatment plants and services;
- a mechanical or electrical aptitude;
- a level of competence to effectively use current technology and a willingness to learn new systems and process to keep up to date with new technology in this field.
The successful applicants will need to undertake a relevant vaccination programme if appropriate, hold a Breathing Apparatus Certification and a Confined Spaces Certification. The Council will support the appointees to gain these in need within six months from commencement in the role.
Ideally applicants will hold a National Certificate in Water Treatment Level 4 or the equivalent. However, where an appointment is made to the position without the National Certificate, the appointee will be required to gain this qualification within two years from commencement in the role and the Council will provide funding support for course costs.
Please find the Role Description here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Bruce Nesbitt, Bulk Water Treatment Supervisor on 027 555 5762.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand
Applications close 12.00 noon, Friday 27 September 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Treatment Specialist 114” to email@example.com.