Water Treatment Specialists – Ref:050
Permanent - Full Time
We are looking for two mechanical minded individuals who have what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. Within the Water Treatment Plants team, the Treatment Specialists are responsible for operating and maintaining five water treatment plants, eight supplementary and two emergency bores. These roles are responsible for operation, maintenance, monitoring, reporting and recording of all aspects of the Kapiti District’s Water Treatment Plants, in accordance with policies and procedures so that all Resource Consents and Drinking Water Standards are complied with.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
- a mechanical or electrical aptitude with demonstrated ability to learn a trade.
- an ability to safely and competently undertake the physical tasks associated with these roles.
- a strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills.
- A sound understanding of Health and Safety.
- Ability and willingness to work on a 24/7 roster that may include overtime and standby to ensure effective cover for the treatment plants and service.
- Demonstrated competent PC skills to effectively use current technology and a willingness to learn new systems and process to keep up to date with new technology in this field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and when required work effectively unsupervised and/or alone with effective time management, prioritising ability and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
The successful applicants will need to undertake a relevant vaccination programme if appropriate, hold a Breathing Apparatus Certification and a Confined Spaces Certification. The Council will support the appointees to gain these in need within six months from commencement in the role.
Ideally applicants will hold a New Zealand Certificate in Drinking Water Treatment Level 4 Multistage Processes or the equivalent. However, where an appointment is made to the position without the New Zealand Certificate, the appointee will be required to gain this qualification within two years from commencement in the role and the Council will provide funding support for course costs.
Please find the Role Description on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Bruce Nesbitt, Water Treatment Plants Manager on 027 5555 762.
The preferred candidates will hold a current and valid New Zealand Full Driver’s Licence and will undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks.
Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, relevant qualifications and copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Treatment Specialist - Ref:050” to [email protected].