Water & Wastewater Compliance Officer – Ref:039
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Water and Wastewater Assets team the Water and Wastewater Compliance Officer assists Council in achieving and maintaining compliance standards, assists the implementation of the Sustainable Water Management Strategy, and acts as the point of contact on water use issues for residents, developers, businesses and community groups and liaises with Greater Wellington Regional Council. This role is responsible for monitoring and actioning compliance requirements for resource consents and Drinking Water Standards so that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, monitoring and actioning compliance requirements, including reporting for the Wastewater resource consents. This role will focus on the oversight and impacts of the changes under Taumata Arowai and subsequent reporting and monitoring requirements of KCDC’s water consents, upgrades, potable water delivery and quality. The Water & Wastewater Compliance Officer will implement bylaws and policies to effectively manage impacts.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role with demonstrated familiarity with the compliance requirements of the New Zealand Drinking Water Standards, and resource consent requirements and renewal timeframes.
- Knowledge of the water industry and current/emerging water technologies and how these are related to sustainable resource management.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written and the ability to write robust and concise reports and present these to a wide range of audiences.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated significant and proven experience in working with individuals and groups to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise and develop effective solutions through the inputs of others.
- Demonstrated well developed and effective project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to keep updated and be aware of and cognisant with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Driver Licence.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Ramesh Sharma, Water & Wastewater Assets Manager on 04 296 4863 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Monday 27 September 2021.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “W&W Compliance Officer – Ref:039” to [email protected]