Do good in your community: Run a ThinkBig project
Applications for ThinkBig grants 2019 are now CLOSED.
Get your funding application in by Monday 13 May 2019
ThinkBig is a youth grant program that funds youth-led projects in Kāpiti. Individuals and groups of young people aged 14-24 have the opportunity to apply for up to $1,800 for their projects. Your project could be almost anything that is trying to create positive change in Kāpiti and beyond. Examples of projects that have been funded in the past include:
- Creating awareness of the deaf community for young people
- Graffiti art mural
- Raising awareness about family violence
- Making a DVD to raise awareness of child poverty
- Free badminton lessons for younger students
Can I apply?
To apply for a ThinkBig grant, you/ your group must be aged 14 – 24 years old, and live in Kāpiti. Adults can support projects but young people need to run them.
Here are some other things you need to know:
- Projects must be non-profit so you can’t make money off them. You could run a fundraiser and then donate the money to a charitable cause but can’t keep the money.
- Projects run by young people with an affiliation to a religious group may be considered however projects must not be religious in their purpose or content.
- You/your group must be available for an interview with a Youth Council panel on Thursday 23 May (Paraparaumu) or Friday 24 May (Ōtaki)
How do I apply?
You can apply online HERE or download the application form and hand in a hard copy at the Council (Rimu Road, Paraparaumu or at the Ōtaki library).
Application support sessions
We are running 4 application support sessions. If you have an idea and are not sure how to correctly fill out the application form or would like someone to help you get you ideas down we would love for you to come!
Is there a time frame in which we need to spend the grant?
Yes, the project needs to be finished by 4 November 2019.
How do we access the money for the project?
The project funding will be given to your college or an organisation that will support your project. The Think BIG Co-ordinator can help you decide on the best organisation to hold the funds for you.
Need more info?
Contact the Think Big co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. or check out our Facebook page for Think Big updates at www.facebook.com/kcyouthcouncil