Annual plan 2019/20
The 2019/20 annual plan was adopted on 23 May 2019.
You can download a copy of the Annual Plan 2019/20, and the printed plan is available in our services centres and libraries.
The adoption of the plan sets what the rates will be for the 2019/20 financial year. You can look up rating information for your property for current and previous years using our property search tool.
The plan is made up of three sections, as outlined below. You can find out more about each section by reviewing the full Annual Plan 2019/20.
Working with the local community and our iwi partners the Council has developed a vision, long-term goals and 10-year outcomes for Kāpiti.
Our key strategies will help us move in the right direction, and input from Kāpiti people and organisations throughout the process has helped ensure that the outcomes we’re working towards reflect the aspirations, and the concerns, of our district.
Our full financial statements show our planned income and expenditure, along with our levels of assets and liabilities.
This section also includes our funding impact statements, where we set out how we’re planning to fund our expenditure, and details of how we’re tracking against benchmarks set by central government to measure our financial prudence.
A number of major projects have been identified and budgeted for in our Annual Plan, and these are outlined below.
- Managing and upgrading our water infrastructure to make sure our water supply remains safe and clean
- Addressing flood risks is an ongoing focus for us
- Maintaining and improving our local roading connections with the new Expressway routes is a high priority
- Preparations for rebuilding the Paekākāriki seawall
- Helping Kāpiti prosper
- Work will be done across the range of community facilities we provide
- Work will continue on several areas of our planning and regulatory responsibilities
- With our iwi partners we'll keep working towards developing an iwi management plan
- We will develop local outcomes for regional waste management and minimisation.