Building consent forms and checksheets
In addition to completing the standard application form for a building consent, you must supply support documentation and specifications relevant to your project.
The application checksheets below detail all the information you must include with your application. The Council will not accept incomplete applications.
Applications and checksheets
- Residential Application for a Building Consent and/or Project Information Memorandum – Form 256a[PDF 391 KB]
- Checksheet: Single Residential Dwelling and Accessory Building – Form 333[PDF 216 KB]
Includes single stand-alone dwellings, additions and/or alterations, re-piling, garages, decks, gazebos, sheds, retaining walls etc.
- Commercial and Complex Residential Application for a Building Consent and/or Project Information Memorandum – Form 256b[PDF 466 KB]
- Checksheet: Multi Residential, Industrial or Commercial Buildings – Form 337[PDF 234 KB]
Includes commercial and industrial use buildings, and multi-residential or mixed use buildings. The application form is for new buildings, additions and/or alterations, seismic upgrading and specified systems. It is also used for upgrading required by a change of use of any part of the building.
- Application for a Building Consent - Minor Works and/or Project Information Memorandum – Form 443[PDF 327 KB]
- Checksheet: Minor Works – Form 336[PDF 176 KB]
Includes freestanding/inbuilt fires, and minor plumbing and drainage works.
- Application for Amendment to Building Consent – Form 265[PDF 289 KB]
- Application for Certificate of Acceptance – Form 331[PDF 236 KB]
- Checksheet: Certificate of Acceptance – Form 335[PDF 166 KB]
- Application for Amendment to Compliance Schedule – Form 330[PDF 389 KB]
- Application for Code Compliance Certificate – Form 278[DOC 506 KB]
- Application for Code Compliance Certificate – Form 278[PDF 277 KB]
- Application for Certificate for Public Use – Form 437[PDF 286 KB]
- Checksheet: Certificate for Public Use – Form 444[PDF 66 KB]
- TA Application for Discretionary Exemption – Form 256c[DOC 383 KB]
- TA Application for Discretionary Exemption – Form 256c[PDF 151 KB]
Statements and Guidance – plumbing and drainage
- Piped Services and Plumbing Stacks – Form 125[PDF 126 KB]
- Drainage Work Installed – Form 126[PDF 177 KB]
- As-Built Drawing Specification Guidance – Form 717[PDF 135 KB]
- Wastewater Connection/Alteration Application – Form 165[PDF 221 KB]
All new wastewater (sewer) connections, whether for a new or existing property or subdivision must complete the application form below.
- Water Demand Management Declaration of Compliance – Form 164[PDF 186 KB]
Complete this form along with Form 256a, 256b or 443 for a new residential or relocated dwelling application.
- Water supply connection/alteration – Form 159[PDF 241 KB]
This form is to be used when applying for a new water supply connection or when applying for an alteration to an existing water supply connection.
- Advice of Licensed Building Practitioner(s) – Form 134 [PDF 190 KB]
Owner must notify names of licensed building practitioners before restricted building work commences
- Request to view a building file – Form 122[PDF 314 KB]
- Form 2A Memorandum from licensed building practitioner (Certificate of Design Work) – MBIE
- Form 2B Statutory declaration as to owner-builder status – MBIE
- Form 2C Notice of Owner Builder – MBIE
- Form 6A Memorandum from licensed building practitioner (record of building work) – MBIE
- Form 149 Request for Extension to Building Consent[DOCX 43 KB]
- Form 149 Request for Extension to Building Consent[PDF 195 KB]
Checksheets/information to assist
Use these checksheets to help you complete the Building Consent application forms. They also list the documents you will need to supply to the Council.
- Checksheet: Temporary Buildings – Form 334[PDF 149 KB]
Includes marquees, stages over 1m in height, grandstand seating etc.
- Checksheet: Signs – Form 332[PDF 158 KB]
- https://icc.govt.nz/building/sbcg-forms/ – Compliance Schedule/Specified Systems information
Guides and policy documentation
All documents are available for download or print from the links below.
- A Guide to Obtaining a Building Consent on the Kāpiti Coast – Form 558[PDF 485 KB]
- A Guide to the Inspection Process – Form 559[PDF 762 KB]
- Dangerous and Insanitary Building Policy 2018[PDF 79 KB]
- Kāpiti Rainwater and Greywater Guidelines[PDF 2.29 MB]
If you're unhappy with our service
The Building Consent Authority welcomes feedback from customers. We want to hear from you if you feel dissatisfied with any part of our service related to building consent processing or inspection and Code Compliance Certificate decisions (to issue or otherwise).
If you're unhappy with a technical decision made by us about your building consent please refer the matter to MBIE for a Determination.