Building Consent – forms and checksheets
In addition to completing the standard application form for a building consent, you must supply support documentation and specifications relevant to your project.
The application checksheets below detail all the information you must include with your application. The Council will not accept incomplete applications.
Applications and checksheets
- Residential Application for a Building Consent and/or Project Information Memorandum – Form 256a
- Checksheet: Single Residential Dwelling and Accessory Building – Form 333
Includes single stand-alone dwellings, additions and/or alterations, re-piling, garages, decks, gazebos, sheds, retaining walls etc.
- Commercial and Complex Residential Application for a Building Consent and/or Project Information Memorandum – Form 256b
- Checksheet: Multi Residential, Industrial or Commercial Buildings – Form 337
Includes commercial and industrial use buildings, and multi-residential or mixed use buildings. The application form is for new buildings, additions and/or alterations, seismic upgrading and specified systems. It is also used for upgrading required by a change of use of any part of the building.
- Application for a Building Consent - Minor Works and/or Project Information Memorandum – Form 443
- Checksheet: Minor Works – Form 336
Includes freestanding/inbuilt fires, and minor plumbing and drainage works.
- Application for Amendment to Building Consent – Form 265
- Application for Certificate of Acceptance – Form 331
- Checksheet: Certificate of Acceptance – Form 335
- Application for Amendment to Compliance Schedule – Form 330
- Application for Code Compliance Certificate – Form 278
- Application for Certificate for Public Use – Form 437
- Checksheet: Certificate for Public Use – Form 444
- Wastewater Connection/Alteration Application – Form 165
All new wastewater (sewer) connections, whether for a new or existing property or subdivision must complete the application form below.
- Water Demand Management Declaration of Compliance – Form 164
Complete this form along with Form 256a, 256b or 443 for a new residential or relocated dwelling application.
- Water supply connection/alteration – Form 159
This form is to be used when applying for a new water supply connection or when applying for an alteration to an existing water supply connection.
- Advice of Licensed Building Practitioner(s) – Form 134
Owner must notify names of licensed building practitioners before restricted building work commences
- Request to view a building file – Form 122
- Form 2A Memorandum from licensed building practitioner (Certificate of Design Work) – MBIE
- Form 2B Statutory declaration as to owner-builder status – MBIE
- Form 2C Notice of Owner Builder – MBIE
- Form 6A Memorandum from licensed building practitioner (record of building work) – MBIE
Use these checksheets to help you complete the Building Consent application forms. They also list the documents you will need to supply to the Council.
- Checksheet: Temporary Buildings – Form 334
Includes marquees, stages over 1m in height, grandstand seating etc.
- Checksheet: Signs – Form 332
- https://icc.govt.nz/building/sbcg-forms/ – Compliance Schedule/Specified Systems information
All documents are available for download or print from the links below.
- A Guide to Obtaining a Building Consent on the Kāpiti Coast – Form 558
- A Guide to the Inspection Process – Form 559
- Dangerous and Insanitary Building Policy 2018
- Kāpiti Rainwater and Greywater Guidelines
The Building Consent Authority welcomes feedback from customers. We want to hear from you if you feel dissatisfied with any part of our service related to building consent processing or inspection and Code Compliance Certificate decisions (to issue or otherwise).
If you are unhappy with a technical decision made by us about your building consent please refer the matter to MBIE for a Determination.