Variation 2 – Waikanae Beach & Beach Character Setback Margin
amend the Beach Character Setback Margin provisions; and
- to rezone part of Waikanae Beach from Residential Zone to Beach Residential Zone
A summary of the submissions received was notified on the 25 September 2019 with the period for further submissions closing on the 9 October 2019.
The Council has initiated a variation to the Proposed District Plan. The Variation seeks to amend the Beach Character Setback Margin provisions and to rezone part of Waikanae Beach from Residential Zone to Beach Residential Zone.
The Proposed Variation was notified on 14 August 2019, with the period for submissions closing on 12 September 2019.
- Public Notice
- Proposed Variation 2 provisions
- Section 32 Evaluation
- Q&A Beach Character Set Back Margin
- Q&A Waikanae Beach Rezoning
Minute #1 of Hearing Panel
Minute #2 of Hearing Panel
Minute #3 of Hearing Panel
Minute #4 of Hearing Panel
Location: Coastlands Kāpiti Sports Turf Pavilion, 10 Scaife Drive, Paraparaumu
Date: Monday 3 August 2020 | Thursday 6 August 2020 (if required)
Time: 9.30 am
Section 42A Officers Hearing Report documents
- Section 42A Report
- Appendix 1 – Waikanae Beach Character Study
- Appendix 2 - Submissions (part 1)
- Appendix 2 – Submissions (part 2)
- Appendix 2 – Further Submissions (part 3)
- Appendix 3 – Case law setting out statutory considerations
- Appendix 4 – Section 32 Evaluation
- Appendix 5 – Our Future Waikanae Beach
- Section 42A Reporting Officer Response to Panel’s Minute 2
- Addendum to section 42A report – NPS-UD 28 July 2020
- Attachment 1 to Addendum – NPS-UD 23 July 2020.
Section 42 Reporting Officers Response to Panel’s Minute 3 (Right of Reply)
- Attachment 1 – iwi file note re variation
- Attachment 1 – Memo – Te Ati Awa conversation re. Variation content
- Attachment 2 – RPS Policy 49
- Attachment 3 – Contours and dunes
- Attachment 4 – Subdivision consent data
- Attachment 5 – final recommended provisions
- Attachment 6 – Final recommendations on submissions
- Email for Variation 3
- Section 42A Officer's Right of Reply
Additional material provided by submitters at hearing
- Submission – Kay and Glen Wiggs
- Submission – Quentin Poole
- Submission – Waikanae Beach Residents' Society
- Submission – Zac Jordan and Stuart Dickson
On 5 November 2020, the Council’s Strategy and Operations Committee resolved to adopt the recommendations of the hearings panel appointed to conduct the hearing for Variation 2. The Committee also confirmed the decisions on the submissions made for Variation 2 to the extent set out in the decision.
Notice of these decisions appeared in the Kāpiti News on 18 November 2020 and the Kāpiti Observer on 19 November 2020.
Any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal against the decision on the proposal to the Environment Court within 30 working days (as defined by the RMA) of service of notice of the Council’s decision if:
- in relation to a provision or matter that is the subject of the appeal, the person referred to the provision or matter in the person’s submission on the proposal.
If you have any questions about the variation, please contact Matt Muspratt – Principal Policy Planner at [email protected] or phone (04) 296 4700, or free phone 0800 486 486.
The background to the Waikanae Beach rezoning can be found here.