Variations 4 (A-H) - Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections
Kapiti Coast District Council has prepared the following variations to the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan 2012:
Variations 4 (A-H):
- Proposed Variations 4 (A-H) to the Kapiti Coast District Council Proposed District Plan – Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections.
A summary of the submissions received was notified on 04 December 2019 with the period for further submissions closing on 18 December 2019.
The Proposed Variations were notified on 23 October 2019, with the period for submissions closing on 21 November 2019.
If you have any questions about the variation, please contact Matt Muspratt – Principal Policy Planner at Matt.Muspratt@kapiticoast.govt.nz or phone (04) 296 4700, or free phone 0800 486 486.
The following persons may make a submission on the proposal:
- the Kāpiti Coast District Council; and
- any other person may make a submission but, if the person could gain an advantage in trade competition through the submission, then the person may do so only if the person is directly affected by an effect of the proposal that—
- adversely affects the environment; and
- does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
You may make a submission by sending a written or electronic submission to Kapiti Coast District Council at Matt.Muspratt@kapiticoast.govt.nz. The submission must be in form 5 of the Resource Management (Forms, Fees, and Procedure) Regulations 2003, and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Copies of this form are available from any of the Council's service centres or libraries in Ōtaki, Paraparaumu, Waikanae, and Paekākāriki.
The process for public participation in the consideration of the proposal under the Act is as follows:
- after the closing date for submission, the Kāpiti Coast District Council must prepare a summary of decisions requested by submitters and give public notice of the availability of this summary and where the summary and submissions can be inspected; and
- there must be an opportunity for the following persons to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest:
- any person who has an interest in the proposal greater than the general public has:
- the local authority itself; and
- if a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held; and
the Kāpiti Coast District Council must give its decision on the provisions and matters raised in the submissions (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions) and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposal and serve it on every person who made a submission at the same time; and
- any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal against the decision on the proposal to the Environment Court if, —
- in relation to a provision or matter that is the subject of the appeal, the person referred to the provision or matter in the person’s submission on the proposal; and
- in the case of a proposal that is a proposed policy statement or plan, the appeal does not seek the withdrawal of the proposal as a whole.