Variations 4 (A–H) – Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections
Kapiti Coast District Council has made decisions on the provisions and the matters raised in submission on Variation 4(A–H) to the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan 2012 – Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections.
Variations 4(A–H) was initiated in 2019 and amends the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan 2012, as follows:
- Variation 4A – Amend three definitions: Household Unit, Ancillary, and Kitchen;
- Variation 4B – Amend policy to manage the effects of earthworks on natural landforms, amenity values and rural character;
- Variation 4C – Amend yard setback standard for non-residential activities in the Living Zones to clarify that these do not apply to home occupations;
- Variation 4D – Amend the rules which manage the interface between the Living Zones and Working Zones to simplify and remove duplication from the standards;
- Variation 4E – Amend Rural Zone subdivision standard to limit the number of lots which can gain access to a road via a right of way; amend shared car parking requirements; and amend terminology to be consistent with the transport network hierarchy;
- Variation 4F – Amend standards for temporary events and insert a new definition for regular market and the permitted activity provisions for these;
- Variation 4G – Amend parking requirements for shared residential accommodation, such as supported living and boarding houses.
- Variation 4H – Amend rule to clarify the activity status of general retail activities in the Rural Zone.
Those who submitted on the Variation may now appeal Council's decision to the Environment Court. Appeals must be lodged in the prescribed form and lodged with the Environment Court within 30 working days of service of this notice of decision.
No submissions were received on Variations (A–E) and (G–H). As a result, and in accordance with RMA Schedule 1, Clause 8C, no hearing was held for Variations 4 (A–E) and (G–H). One submission was received on Variation 4F (temporary events amendments). A hearing has not been held for Variation 4F as the submitter did not wish to be heard on their submission.
On 14 May 2020, the Kapiti Coast District Council resolved to accept the submission received upon Variation 4F in part and to amend the provisions of Variation 4F as recommended, and approve all other Variations (A–H) and (G–H) as notified. The recommending report and accompanying further evaluation is available below.
Public notice of the decision was given on 27 and 28 May 2020.
- Section 42A Report and 32AA Evaluation for Variations 4 (A–H).
- See Public notice for Variations 4 (A–H)
Summary of submissions
A summary of the submissions received was notified on 04 December 2019 with the period for further submissions closing on 18 December 2019.
- Text of Public Notice
- Summary of Submissions
- Summary of decision on the provisions and matters raised in submissions
The Proposed Variations were notified on 23 October 2019, with the period for submissions closing on 21 November 2019.
If you have any questions about the variation, please contact Laura Willoughby at [email protected] or phone (04) 296 4700, or freephone 0800 486 486.
The Kāpiti Coast District Council must give its decision on the provisions and matters raised in the submissions (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions) and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposal and serve it on every person who made a submission at the same time; and
- any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal against the decision on the proposal to the Environment Court if, —
- in relation to a provision or matter that is the subject of the appeal, the person referred to the provision or matter in the person’s submission on the proposal; and
- in the case of a proposal that is a proposed policy statement or plan, the appeal does not seek the withdrawal of the proposal as a whole.