Notified Resource Consent
Notification of an application for resource consent pursuatn to section 95A of the Resource Management Act 1991.
100 Nikau Palm Road, Paraparumu
The application site is legally described as Lot 1 DP 79002 & Part Lot 6 DP 82049.
The proposed cleanfill is to be located on land immediately to the east of the existing Higgins Kapiti Quarry in Paraparaumu.
Resource Consent Reference Number:
Name of Applicant:
|Higgins Aggregates Limited|
|Applicant's Address for Service:||
Higgins Aggregates Limited
Attn: Dean Raymond
|Type of consent sought:||Land Use|
Description of Application
The applicant proposes to establish and operate a cleanfill on the subject sites. The proposed activity incorporates:
- three stages of development with a total fill capacity of approximately 385,000m³;
- disposal of materials meeting the definition of "cleanfill" (only);
- access via the existing Higgins Kāpiti Quarry (only);
- accessible to commercial operators (not the general public); and
- hours of operation of 7am - 6pm (weekdays) & 7am - 12noon (Saturdays).
The application also includes on-site planting / landscaping and a comprehensive ecological mitigation / restoration proposal.
The site is zoned Open Space under the Kāpiti Coast District Plan and the proposal is a Non-Complying activity.
All documents are in PDF format and available for download or print from the links below.
Public Notice (1 page, 82Kb)
Application for Resource Consent pursuant to Section 88 of the RMA 1991 (PDF, pages, 1Mb)
- Appendix 1 - Plans of Proposed Cleanfill (10 pages, 2Mb)
- Appendix 1A - Plans of Proposed Landscaping (2 pages, 359Kb)
- Appendix 2 - (blank)
- Appendix 3 - Certificates of Title and Relevant Interests (18 pages, 5Mb)
- Appendix 4 - Photographs of the Site (5 pages, 279Kb)
- Appendix 5 - Transportation Assessment Report (15 pages, 1Mb)
- Appendix 6 - Ecological Effects Report (19 pages, 1Mb)
- Appendix 6A - Ecological Evaluation of Potential Compensation Wetland (29 pages, 2Mb)
- Appendix 6B - Stream Ecological Valuation Report (31 pages, 2Mb)
- Appendix 7 - Landscape Assessment Report (8 pages, 144Kb)
- Appendix 8 - National Policy Statement on Electricity Transmission (4 pages, 81Kb)
- Appendix 9 - 20502 Cleanfill Record of Consultation (4 pages, 283Kb)
- Appendix 10 - Operational Management Plan (2 pages, 740Kb)
- Appendix 11 - Preliminary Geotechnical Assessment (11 pages, 4Mb)
- Appendix 12 - Findings on Transmission Line Clearances (3 pages, 857Kb)
- Appendix 13 - Letter Regarding Potential Noise Effects (2 pages, 553Kb)
RM130071: Nikau Clean Fill - Compensatory Wetland (21 pages, 2Mb)
RM130071: Response to Further Information Request (46 pages, 11Mb)
The application can be viewed during normal business hours at:
- Reception Foyer, Ground Floor
Kāpiti Coast District Council Office
175 Rimu Road
Submissions closed at 4pm, Friday 8 November 2013
Consent granted by Commissioners, with conditions, on 29 November 2013.
Notice of Decision (PDF, 28 pages, 214Kb)
S133A - Amended Decision (conditions only) (PDF, 11 pages, 124Kb)