Notified Resource Consent
Notification of an application for resource consent pursuatn to section 95A of the Resource Management Act 1991.
2 Matatua Road, Raumati Beach
The application site is legally described as Lot 1 DP 42081.
Resource Consent Reference Number:
Name of Applicant:
|Mulholland Construction Ltd|
|Applicant's Address for Service:||
Mulholland Construction Ltd
Attention: Dean Raymond
|Type of consent sought:||Land Use and Subdivision Development|
Description of Application
The applicant proposes to establish an apartment complex with ground floor retail space on the site and a unit-title subdivision to allow the apartments to be held in separate ownership. The proposed development incorporates:
- A 4-storey building with a maximum height of approx. 12m from existing ground level;
- 13 apartments ranging in size from 59m² to 130m², each with a private balcony;
- A 15 metre swimming pool and outdoor space located on level 1;
- Ground floor retail space of 93.7m²;
- 16 car parking spaces at ground floor/basement level, with two parking spaces provided on Alexander Road in front of the site;
- Earthworks to excavate down to the proposed basement level. Approximately 1.5 to 3.5m of cut is proposed in the western corner of the site, and up to 1.0m on the eastern side;
- Access to the complex from Alexander Road and exit to Matatua Road, with entry to the apartments via a central lift and stairwell; and
- Associated planting and landscaping along the road frontage.
The site is zoned Commercial/Retail under the Kāpiti Coast District Plan and the proposal is a Non Complying activity.
All documents are in PDF format and available for download or print from the links below.
- Updated Appendix A: Conditions - unit title subdivision (11 pages, 48Kb)
- Appendix A - Proposed conditions for RM130217 (11 pages, 47Kb)
Public Notice (1 page, 82Kb)
Application for Resource Consent pursuant to Section 88 of the RMA 1991 (PDF, 36 pages, 2Mb)
- Appendix 1 - Plans of Proposed Development (17 pages, 2Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Unit Title Subdivision Plans (4 pages, 1Mb)
- Appendix 3 - Computer Freehold Register (2 pages, 217Kb)
- Appendix 4 - Earthworks Management Plan (4 pages, 746Kb)
- Appendix 5 - Traffic Report (4 pages, 255Kb)
- Appendix 6 - Landscape plans (4 pages, 886Kb)
Letter: RM130217: Request for Further Information (2 pages, 16Kb)
RM130071: Response to Further Information Request (8 pages, 509Kb)
The application can be viewed during normal business hours at:
- Reception Foyer, Ground Floor
Kāpiti Coast District Council Office
175 Rimu Road
Submissions closed at 4pm, Friday 14 February 2014.
Application granted by the Hearing Panel and decision issued on 9 April 2014.
Notice of Decision (PDF, 39 pages, 540Kb)