Constructability and Cost Review for Sandhills and Northern Expressways
Council commissioned Beca Infrastructure Ltd to report on the Expressway options proposed by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA). Beca produced two reports which are available below.
Poplar Avenue to Peka Peka
This report focuses on the physical options, constructability of those options, associated cost and construction sequencing.
Kāpiti Coast SH1 Expressway Concepts - Constructability and Cost Review, Volume 1 (PDF, 38 pages, 507Kb)
- Appendix 1 - Estimates Provided by Opus (PDF, 21 pages, 5Mb)
- Appendix 2 - LIDAR Level Data Provided by KCDC (PDF, 9 pages, 3Mb)
- Appendix 3 - District Plan Extracts on Ecological Sites (PDF, 5 pages, 2Mb)
- Figure 1 - Te Moana Road Interchange - Option 1A (PDF, 1 page, 3Mb)
- Figure 2 - Te Moana Road Interchange - Option 1B (PDF, 1 page, 1Mb)
- Figure 3 - Detailed version of Te Moana Road Interchange - Option 1B (PDF, 1 page, 3Mb)
- Figure 4 - Peka Peka - Option 1 (PDF, 1 page, 1Mb)
- Figure 5 - Peka Peka detailed version - Option 1 (PDF, 1 page, 3Mb)
Kāpiti Coast SH1 Expressway Concepts - Constructability and Cost Review, Volume 2 (PDF, 5 pages, 712Kb)
Peka Peka to Ōtaki
This report looks into alternative options which could avoid negative impact on the Ōtaki township and surrounding area.
SH1 Ōtaki Bypass Concept Review (PDF, 11 pages, 3Mb)