Ōtaki Pool is located on the grounds of Haruātai Park, catering for all ages and aquatic abilities. This facility also features a free-to-use splash pad.
We're all learning to live in a world where COVID-19 is the norm. Remember, if you're unwell, take a test and please don’t visit our facilities. Exercise good hygiene, and while there's no longer a requirement to wear masks when you visit our facilities, if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask we encourage you to do so.
- Mon 20 Mar - Sun 26 Mar[PDF 196 KB]
When there are bookings or programmes in the main pool there will be a minimum of three lanes for the public.
Summer at our pools
Throughout summer we have lots of pool parties and activities planned, visit Experience Kāpiti to learn more.
Current open hours
- Monday: 5.30am–8pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am–7pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am–8pm
- Thursday: 5.30am–8pm
- Friday: 5.30am–8pm
- Saturday: 8am–6pm
- Sunday: 9am–5pm
Note: To ensure all customers have vacated the facility before the pool closes for the night, you must be out of all pools, spa or sauna 15 minutes before closing time.
See Swimming pools charges for details.
Ōtaki Pool has two pools, a 33.5m pool, with a hoist and ramp to assist swimmers with disabilities into the pool, and a toddler’s pool. The adult only spa* is great for tired muscles, backache and stress relief. Seating up to 8 people, the spa is heated to 38 degrees.
The complex also features:
- Warm showers
- Heated changing rooms
- Disabled and family change rooms
- Outdoor splash pad - open 8am-8pm everyday during summer and free to use
*Sauna and spa - 16 years+
We have an all-inclusive accessibility policy.
- hoist access into the lane and spa pools with trained staff available to assist
- ramp access into the Lane Pool - the removable ramp structure is 15.4 metres long with handrails on each side and made from non-slip fibreglass
For session times for all Aquafitness classes, including Aquafit and AquaMove, see our Aquafitness Programme page.
Fun whatever the weather; with inflatables and games on weekends, as well as public holidays and every day of the school holidays 1–4.30pm.
Learning to swim and survive is a fundamental life skill that opens up a world of opportunities.
SwimKāpiti runs swim lessons all year round at Coastlands Aquatic Centre held in line with school terms. See our Learn to Swim page for more information.
Water safety is important to us - to keep everyone safe and healthy at the pools please ensure the following:
- Children under 4 are required to wear a swim nappy in the pool
- Children under 5 must be within arms reach of their adult supervisor*
- Children under 8 must be actively supervised by an adult supervisor*
- Children aged 8-12, inclusive, that visit any of the Kapiti Coast District Council aquatics facilities unsupervised must give reception emergency contact details (first and last name and contact phone number) of a parent or guardian.
These contact details will be held in confidence at Reception and securely disposed of at the end of each day.
For groups, at least one emergency contact must be given.
*Adult supervisor - a person 16 years or over
Te Mania Auheke runs most days through the summer school holidays, 1–3pm excluding Tuesdays and Thursdays, weather permitting!
Join us in the sun (remember your suncream!) and see how fast you can go down the 28-metre slope!
Normal pool admission costs apply.
For any queries, please phone 06 364 5542.
For group bookings – book online or download the Ōtaki Pool booking form[PDF 499 KB] and email to [email protected].
Please contact the Customer Relations Manager on 04 296 4746 with any questions.
Haruātai Park, 200 Mill Road, Ōtaki, Kāpiti Coast
Bus route: 290 from Waikanae Station
Bus stops on Mill Road (stop ID:1728)
For more information visit the Metlink website at www.metlink.org.nz