Ōtaki Pool is located on the grounds of Haruātai Park, catering for all ages and aquatic abilities. This facility also features a free-to-use splash pad.
We're all learning to live in a world where COVID-19 is the norm. Remember, if you're unwell, take a test and please don’t visit our facilities. Exercise good hygiene, and while there's no longer a requirement to wear masks when you visit our facilities, if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask we encourage you to do so.
Current open hours
- Monday: 5.30am–8pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am–7pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am–8pm
- Thursday: 5.30am–8pm
- Friday: 5.30am–8pm
- Saturday: 8am–4pm
- Sunday: 8am–6pm
Public holidays we're open 8am–8pm.
Note: So swimmers have time to dry and change before the pool closes for the night, all swimmers must be out of the pools 15 minutes before closing time.
Ōtaki Pool has two pools, a 33.5m pool, with a hoist and ramp to assist swimmers with disabilities into the pool, and a toddler’s pool. The adult only spa* is great for tired muscles, backache and stress relief. Seating up to 8 people, the spa is heated to 38 degrees.
The complex also features:
- Warm showers
- Heated changing rooms
- Disabled and family change rooms
- Outdoor splash pad - open 8am-8pm everyday during summer and free to use
*Sauna and spa - 16 years+
We have an all-inclusive accessibility policy.
- hoist access into the lane and spa pools with trained staff available to assist
- ramp access into the Lane Pool - the removable ramp structure is 15.4 metres long with handrails on each side and made from non-slip fibreglass
For session times for all Aquafitness classes, including Aquafit and AquaMove, see our Aquafitness Programme page.
Learning to swim and survive is a fundamental life skill that opens up a world of opportunities.
SwimKāpiti runs swim lessons all year round at Coastlands Aquatic Centre held in line with school terms. See our Learn to Swim page for more information.
Water safety is important to us - to keep everyone safe and healthy at the pools please ensure the following:
- Children under 4 are required to wear a swim nappy in the pool
- Children under 3 can only be in the water with an adult supervisor*
- Children under 5 must be within arms reach of their adult supervisor*
- Children under 8 must be actively supervised by an adult supervisor*
*Adult supervisor - a person 16 years or over
Te Mania Auheke runs through the summer school holidays, 1–3pm excluding Tuesdays and Thursdays, weather permitting!
Join us in the sun (remember your suncream!) and see how fast you can go down the 28-metre slope!
Normal pool admission costs apply.
For any queries, please phone 06 364 5542.
Haruātai Park, 200 Mill Road, Ōtaki, Kāpiti Coast
Bus route: 290 from Waikanae Station
Bus stops on Mill Road (stop ID:1728)
For more information visit the Metlink website at www.metlink.org.nz