- The role of Council
- Executive management
- Our elected members
- Our vision and direction
- Delivering for Kāpiti
- Building and resource consents
- Our towns
- Draft strategies and policies
- Waikanae treatment plant upgrade
- Water maintenance projects
- Making SH1 a local road
- Maclean Park refresh
- Otaraua Park
- Te Newhanga Kāpiti Community Centre
- Kāpiti Expressways
- Archived – Te Uruhi
- Maclean Park Refresh (1)
- Job vacancies
- Partners and groups
- Supplier portal
- Local elections
- Our awards for environmental care
- Official Information Requests
- Central government reforms
Raumati Village roading improvements
Updated 17 September 2020
Road improvements for Raumati Village are planned to improve safety, particularly around intersections and crossing points used to access schools and shops.
We’re reviewing and analysing the feedback we received at our five public drop-in sessions. This feedback will help to inform our thinking.
We will then draw up detailed designs for the work planned for next year at the Rosetta Road/Victor Road intersection, at the Matatua Road/Alexander Road intersection, and in Kōwhai Grove.
Discussions will continue with the community over the work that’s planned for future years. That work is still subject to funding from NZTA and Council.
Approximately 2,300 children of all ages use the footpaths in the area each day and the improvements will make the area safer for them and all pedestrians.
This work is part of the Council’s programme of traffic improvements to make things safer for vulnerable users – in particular older and younger residents.
Over the past five years a strategic programme of work to upgrade safety in Raumati Road and in the Village, has been ongoing.
Safety improvements for 2020/21 include installing raised tables to lower speed and improving crossing points for pedestrians near the Rosetta Road/Victor Road intersection and at the Matatua Road/Alexander Road intersection with additional parking and footpath planned for Kōwhai Grove.
Further improvements are proposed for the future but are still subject to securing funding from NZTA and Council and to further community input. These projects involve some significant changes, so we’ll be engaging with the community as well to understand all the issues so we can consider these in future designs, and so we can work to ensure minimal disruption to businesses.
Previous projects consulted on and completed in the Raumati Road and Village area include:
- A roundabout at the Hillcrest Road/Goldsborough Avenue intersection
- Safety improvements at the Matai Road intersection
- Safety and amenity improvements at the Weka Road triangle
- A shared path on the north side of Raumati Road between the Kāpiti Expressway and Weka Road
- Improvements to Raumati Road layout with improved turn bays and pedestrian crossing points
- A shared path on the eastern side of Margaret Road from the College entrance to the shops
- The installation of electronic school warning signs and electric vehicle chargers
- The lowering of speed limits to 30km/hr in the Raumati Village centre area
- A new footpath on the western side of Alexander Road from Tui Road south to the Village