Celebrate Neighbours Day with an 'Over the Fence Cuppa'
Celebrating Neighbours Day Aotearoa is the perfect way to take that first step in getting to know your neighbours better - or to renew the relationships you've already created. Neighbours Day has just finished up so keep an eye out in early next year for Neighbours Day 2020. In the meantime keep connecting with your neighbours through simple things like sharing hot chocolate to sharing surplus veggies from the garden!
What is an 'Over the Fence Cuppa' event?
'Over the Fence Cuppas' are small get-togethers in local neighbourhoods organised by neighbours within those communities. Organising a cuppa event is great opportunity to get to know your neighbours better and have fun doing so.
Cuppa events can take place in peoples' homes and gardens on the berm or at the local park. It may be a morning tea, barbecue, evening supper or anything in between. Neighbourhoods might choose a theme and plan some fun activities like swapping home grown produce, getting creative with chalk on the footpath, or simply eat cake and chat. There are heaps of great ideas on the Neighbours Day site.
Over the Fence Cuppa groups:
- involve people who live in the Kāpiti Coast District
- involve five or more households who live on the same street
- are held in March during Neighbours Day week
- receive support, tips and resources to organise their event
- receive a care pack including Neighbours' Day resources, refreshment vouchers and other goodies
- receive follow up support and information to help neighbours stay connected
If you'd like to find out more, please send an email to email@example.com
REGISTRATIONS FOR 2019 HAVE NOW CLOSED