Supporting economic development
The Kāpiti District Economic Development Strategy 2020–23 was adopted by Council on 30 July 2020. It provides a long-term roadmap for a thriving local economy, and ensures a coordinated and inclusive approach to economic development activity in the Kāpiti Coast District.
The strategy outlines how we can work together to harness local knowledge, skills and resources, while setting goals to help us make the best decisions. It was drafted by an advisory group that included representatives from the business community and Council. The draft strategy went out for public consultation and had input from our iwi partners, key stakeholders and the wider public.
Read more about the consultation process and draft documents. The final version of the strategy will be available on this page soon.
The strategy identifies five key focus areas to achieve its Ngā Moemoea/Vision:
- Whakapapa – positioning the Kāpiti Coast
- Kaitiakitanga – open for opportunity
- Whānau – growing skills and capability
- Kotahitanga – strengthening partnerships and leadership
- Manaakitanga – supporting key sectors.
The independent Economic Development Kotahitanga Board will provide governance, unifying a strategic direction for economic activity for the district.
The Board will oversee the implementation and delivery of the Kāpiti Coast Economic Development Strategy and Implementation Plan 2020-23, and build momentum and trust with key partners, stakeholders and the wider community.
Recruitment for three independent members is now underway, with applications accepted until 5pm, 9 October 2020.
- Independent board members position description
- Public Notice: Applications open for independent Board members
- Applicants need to apply in writing to [email protected]. Applicants should include a covering letter and CV.
- Applications to be submitted before 5pm, 9 October 2020.
Applications will be reviewed by a Selection Panel and shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the Panel.
If you have queries please email [email protected].