Ōtaki Community Board Grants
The three grants administered by the Ōtaki Community Board are the Community Grant, Sporting Activity Grant, and the Building and Resource Consent Grant.
- Applications must be made on the approved application form and addressed to the Democracy Services team. For any questions please email or phone the team.
- Applications must be received no later than eight working days prior to the Ōtaki Community Board meeting date in order to meet the reporting deadline.
- No individual or group can lodge more than one application in any 12-month period.
All grant recipients are required to provide a short, simple report back on use of the funds, by completing an Accountability Report[PDF 448 KB] form outlining the benefits gained.
Any money NOT used for the purpose applied for is required to be immediately repaid to the Ōtaki Community Board, Community Grants Fund.
- Accountability Report [PDF 448 KB]
The Ōtaki Community Board has up to $40,000 available to support local projects and activities that improve the health, wellbeing and/or aesthetic enhancement of the Ōtaki community. A minimum of $20,000 must be allocated at the September 2022 Ōtaki Community Board meeting, and any balance is to be allocated before 30 June 2023.
Applications for this fund will reopen in early 2023; note that applications received less than eight working days before a meeting will be held over for the next meeting.
Recent recipients of this grant include:
- Ōtaki Promotions Group – $2,000.00, to assist with costs of Light up Ōtaki 2022
- Kapiti Light Orchestra – $900.00, to assist with the costs of an interactive family concert in Ōtaki in December.
- Ōtaki College/TPOoO – $10,000.00, to assist with the costs of a Kaiarahi Matauranga Whānau/Whānau Education Navigator role.
- Energise Ōtaki – $2,800.00, to assist with the costs of Community Bike Repair Day on 29 October.
- Māoriland Charitable Trust – $5,000.00, to assist with the costs of running workshops and the Kaibosh Free Kai Project.
If you are providing benefits to the Ōtaki area in general and what you are doing does not fit into the other two grants, check out this one.
- Community Grant Application Form[DOC 56 KB]
Anything to do with sport as an individual, team or organiser, check this out to see if you are eligible for support.
- Sporting Activity Grant Application Form[PDF 1.6 MB]
If your community group has to apply for a consent from Council, the Ōtaki Community Board recognises that the cost of complying can be a burden.