Districtwide Facility Hire Remission Grants
The Districtwide Facility Hire Remission Grant gives financial assistance for groups or individuals using Council-owned facilities (such as halls or aquatic facilities) for community events..
The programme provides support where the event benefits the district as a whole, rather than an individual community.
Applications for the 2023 round will open in July.
Applicants must reside in the Kāpiti Coast District, and applications must be received by Council before the event takes place. See the application form for the full grant criteria.
Complete the application form to apply:
- Districtwide facility hire remissions grants application form (Online)
- Districtwide facility hire remissions grants application form[DOC 95 KB]
- Districtwide facility hire remissions grants application form[PDF 84 KB]
The maximum grant payable is $1,000 per grant. A total of $3,152 has been allocated in the 2022/23 financial year. Applications for this funding are considered once a year.
Final decisions will be made by the Grants Allocation Committee on Friday 25 August 2023.
3 July 2023
Opening of applications
11 August 2023
Closing of applications
24 August 2023
Grants Allocation Subcommittee considers applications and make final decisions.
25 August 2023
All applicants notified of outcome
Successful applicants will also be required to provide an accountability report within six months of receipt of the grant, providing evidence that the money was spent for the purpose it was granted.
- Accountability report[DOC 36 KB] [DOC, 35 KB]
- Accountability report[PDF 190 KB] [PDF, 190 KB]
- Applicants must reside in the Kāpiti Coast District.
- Eligible organisations include those that provide community, cultural or sports activities within the District as a whole.
Applications will be considered for:
- The remission of facility hire, within the current financial year of the project or
- That the remission of facility hire rental for “worthy causes” be in line with Council policy in that all remissions of facility rentals be accounted for by being funded as grants from approved grants budgets under the control of the Council or Community Boards.
Grants will not generally be considered retrospectively (applications must be received by the Kāpiti Coast District Council prior to the event taking place).
The maximum grant payable is $1,000 per grant.
For further information and advice contact Tracey Waye, Executive Secretary, Place and Space
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (04) 296 4643.
- Districtwide Facility Hire Remission Grant Criteria And Applicaton Form[PDF 245 KB]
- Accountability Report[DOC 36 KB]
- Accountability Report[PDF 190 KB]