Get rates notices by email
You can save paper by switching to receiving your rates invoices by email. To do this:
- Email [email protected], asking to receive future rates invoices by email.
- Include your:
- Property Valuation number (located on left hand side of your recent Rates invoice)
- ratepayer name(s) (as they appear on your Rates invoice)
- property location
- contact telephone number
- email address.
Note: By sending us this information, you agree to accept rates invoices to the email address provided, instead of by post.
As a bonus, agree to receive your future rates invoices by email, and we’ll enter you in our quarterly draw to win $350.00 credited to your rates account!
If you also elect to pay your rates by Direct debit (either weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly) the prize will increase by $150.00 to a total of $500.00 to your rates account, subject to your rating account being up to date at the time of the draw.
Let us know if you change your email address!
If you change your email address, remember to let us know immediately – see Changing details.
Kāpiti Coast District Council cannot accept responsibility for rates invoices that can’t be delivered due to an invalid email address. Rates invoices that are not able to be delivered by email will be posted to your last known postal address.
Terms and conditions of the Kāpiti Coast District Council rates credit prize draw
- The prize draw for the rates credit is limited to a maximum of $500 per quarter. Each rateable property which meets the Council’s criteria for the prize draw will be automatically entered into the Draw with one chance to win.
- The ratepayer’s property must not have any rates in arrears.
- There is only one prize draw per quarter.
- To be eligible for the $350 prize the property’s rates invoice for the current rate instalment must be successfully delivered to the email address advised to the Council by the ratepayer.
- To be eligible for the higher prize of $500 the property’s rates invoice for the current rate instalment must (a) be successfully delivered to the email address advised to the Council by the ratepayer and (b) the property must have an authorised direct debit arrangement in place for the current rate instalment.
- Any rates invoice that cannot be successfully delivered to the email address provided by the ratepayer will result in the ratepayer’s property being withdrawn from the prize draw for that quarter.
- Properties owned by Elected Members and their spouses/partners or Council staff and their spouses/partners are excluded from the prize draw.
- The prize draw will be made at the Council Offices by a Justice of the Peace each quarter and the winner will be advised by email of the amount of their prize to be credited to their rates account.
- The prize cannot be refunded to the ratepayer or transferred to another property.
- The ratepayer must advise the Council of any change to their preferred email address.
- The Council will undertake publicity about the prize draw for each quarter. It is at the discretion of the winning ratepayer as to whether their identity is publicised in that process.
- These terms and conditions were set in July 2011 and the Council reserves the right to change them at any time. Any changes will be advertised by public notice in local newspapers circulated throughout the Kāpiti Coast District. For further information, Please contact the Rates Team on 0800-486-486 or [email protected]