Precautionary boil water notice lifted for Hautere/Te Horo residents
Kāpiti Coast District Council has removed the precautionary boil water notice for the Hautere/Te Horo public water supply that was issued on Wednesday 9 December 2020. The notice was put in place as a precautionary measure during the prolonged flooding of the Ōtaki River earlier this month.
Infrastructure Services Group Manager Sean Mallon says the Council has been testing the public drinking water supply which is sourced from two bores that sit alongside the Ōtaki River daily.
“We have carried out daily water sampling tests at a number of key locations over the past 9 days, this is in addition to our normal routine water testing regime, and we are pleased to say none of these samples have returned positive results for any contamination.
“The Ōtaki River has now returned to normal and we are confident that the high-intensity UV light process we use as part of the water treatment process is back within normal operating levels,” Mr Mallon says.
Hautere and Te Horo residents who access the public water supply to top up their tanks are advised to call the Council on 04 296 4700 or email [email protected] if they have any questions or concerns.For more information about the Kāpiti Coast District’s public water supply visit kapiticoast.govt.nz/services/a-z-council-services-and-facilities/waters/water-supply/your-supply/
Media contact for more information – Sue Owens on 027 555 5676 | [email protected]
– 18 December 2020