Nominations open for Ōtaki Community Board by-election
Following the recent resignation of a member of the Ōtaki Community Board a by-election is being held to fill the vacancy.
Kāpiti Coast District Council Electoral Officer Katrina Shieffelbein says the Council is calling for nominations to fill the position. Board member Stephen Carkeek has resigned.
“Community Boards are an important part of local democracy and a great way to give back to your community,” Ms Shieffelbein says. “We encourage anyone interested in representing, and advocating on behalf of, the Ōtaki community to get in touch with the Council.”
Nomination papers are available now from:
- the Kāpiti Coast District Council offices, 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu
- Paraparaumu Library, 9 Iver Trask Place, Paraparaumu
- Ōtaki Service Centre/Library, 81–83 Main Street, Ōtaki
- by phoning Council’s call centre on 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486
- by accessing www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/byelection.
To be eligible to stand for election, a candidate must be:
- enrolled as a Parliamentary elector; and
- a New Zealand citizen; and
- nominated by two electors of the Ōtaki Community Board area.
If more than one nomination is received by the close of nominations at noon on Tuesday 20 July 2021, a postal ballot will be held for the electors of the Ōtaki Community Board. The by-election will conclude at noon, Wednesday 15 September 2021.
The preliminary roll will be available for public inspection during normal office hours between Tuesday 22 June 2021 and Tuesday 20 July 2021 at the above-mentioned Council offices.
Visit kapiticoast.govt.nz/byelection2021 for more information.