Creative Communities Scheme recipients
The Kāpiti Coast District Council has awarded $22,285 via Creative Communities Scheme funding grants to 15 local recipients.
Community Services Group Manager Max Pedersen says that Creative New Zealand allocates funding to communities based on population. This is added to and distributed by Kāpiti Coast District Council through two funding rounds a year.
“The funding supports arts and cultural activities with the goal of increasing community participation through a diverse range of locally-driven projects. It was a really tough selection process this time around as so many worthwhile and contributory projects were put forth.”
This funding round saw 24 applicants seeking a total of $52,532 of which 15 were successful. Based on the three funding criteria set by Creative New Zealand: broad community involvement, diversity, and young people, the following applicants are receiving Creative Communities Scheme funding for the first 2017-2018 round of funding:
- Carla van Zon
- Deb Donnelly
- Fernando Figueroa Pereira
- Kāpiti Chamber Choir Inc.
- Kāpiti Concert Orchestra
- Kāpiti Kids Motivation Trust
- Kāpiti Music Centre Trust
- Kāpiti Youth Orchestra Inc.
- Karen Hunter
- Kāpiti Women’s Health Collective Inc.
- Mahara Gallery
- Manthel Art Entertainment Ltd.
- Otaki Promotions Group Inc.
- The New Zealand Comedy Trust
- Zeal Education Trust – Kāpiti