Council awards over $33,000 in community grants this year
Twenty organisations and groups received grants last week from Kāpiti Coast District Council’s Community Grants Scheme for 2018.
Programme Design and Delivery Manager Tania Parata says that the scheme provides grants of up to $2,000 for activities and programmes that benefit local communities.
“Each initiative is assessed against the Community Grants eligibility criteria and its merits in achieving community and social wellbeing.”
The Grants Allocation Committee assessed 43 applications requesting over $75,000 from a limited pool of funding totalling $33,578. This year’s recipients are:
- Actively Coping with Cancer
- Adult Literacy Aotearoa (Kāpiti) Inc.
- Citizens Advice Bureau Kāpiti
- Cross Roads Christian Community Trust
- Heart Kids Wellington
- KapiMana Multiples
- Kāpiti Coast WEA
- Kāpiti Summer School Charitable Trust
- Kāpiti Toy Library
- Kāpiti Women’s Centre
- Kidz Need Dadz
- Lifeline Foundation Charitable Trust
- Little Sprouts Charitable Trust (Kāpiti)
- Mary Potter Hospice
- Ōtaki Women’s Health Group
- Parenting Place – Attitude Youth Division
- Parent to Parent Wellington
- Raumati South Residents Association
- The Kāpiti AED Trust
- NZ Council of Victim Support
Ms Parata says the committee wishes to thank and acknowledge all the organisations that applied to the scheme for their work and services provided to Kāpiti communities.