Kapiti Coast Older Persons' Council
The Kāpiti Coast Older Persons' Council (formerly the Council of Elders) was established in 2008 as a voice for older people living in the community.
The Older Persons' Council is committed to working with the Kāpiti Coast District Council and the wider community to ensure that the Kāpiti Coast becomes an age friendly District.
What they do:
- advise the Kāpiti Coast District Council to influence policy and planning
- advocate to government agencies
- hold senior expos that promote services for older people and their families
- hold community forums to inform older people on issues that affect their everyday living
- undertake projects that improve older people's wellbeing
The group is currently chaired by John Hayes and supported by Council staff. They meet monthly from February to December. New members are always welcome.
The Older Persons' Council are partners in the strategy Positive Ageing on the Kāpiti Coast He Tira Kaumātua.
For more information on the Older Persons' Council telephone John Hayes on 04 904 1827 or email [email protected]
Older Persons' Council Website - http://kcopc.webs.com/