3D printer available for your print job!
Want to give 3D printing a try? Follow these steps.
- Get your 3D model file ready (You can find some ready-made models from Thangs or make your own using TinkerCAD or Blender).
- Submit the form below.
- We will review the model and provide a quote via email based on material used.
- Once the quote is accepted, the model will be added to print queue.
- We will let you know once the print is ready for collection.
Need help with your 3D print? Join us at Tech & Tools, an exciting two-hour drop-in session held every Friday from 1.30pm to 4.30pm in Paraparaumu Library’s Learning Centre.
Our 3D Printer
$0.10 per gram
The weight of any support material required to print your model is included in the price.
Material usage calculation is done by the slicer software. If you wish to figure out how much material will be used in your print based on the settings you choose, you can download FlashPrint and test it yourself.
Build volume (Maximum print size)
220(w) x 200(d) x 250(h) mm
The library prints using PLA plastic filament, which is biodegradable and non-toxic, though NOT food-safe. Colour will be random.
We do not print:
Copyrighted designs without permission
If you are printing such an item, we will require proof of permission.
Objects that are obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
The filament we use is not high-strength and we do NOT recommend using objects made on our printer anywhere they may cause a safety concern (car parts, etc.)
Sometimes prints fail
It could be a problem with the model file, the printer, or the filament. We will do our best to print your model and work with you to get it done. We will make one more attempt at printing at no additional charge if the initial print fails.
Large or complicated print jobs
This printer is here to help you get started with desktop digital fabrication. For mass-production, large or complicated jobs such as replicating many parts, we suggest looking at other local commercial printing services.
Library staff will not be doing any cleaning and removal of support material. Clean-up and assembly of multi-part models is left to you.
Printing wait times can vary depending on the items being printed and the length of the queue. The library will do our best provide an accurate estimation.
Conditions of Use
- The Library’s 3D printer is available to the public to make three-dimensional objects in plastic using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file.
- The Library’s 3D printer may be used only for lawful purposes. The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printer to create material that is:
- Prohibited by law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- Cost: $0.10 per gram
- Items printed from Library 3D printer that are not picked up within 7 days will become property of the Library. Items must be picked up by the individual who printed them.
- Only Library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer unless otherwise instructed on site.
- Library will add additional support materials to the model if deemed required.
- Library staff will not be doing any cleaning and removal of support material.
- Library would make one more attempt at printing at no additional charge if the initial print failed.
Please note that condition governing the use of the Library’s 3D printers are subject to change.