Are you looking for work, but don’t know how to get started or where to look? The library might not be the first place you think of, but it may surprise you.
Here are some of the services we offer:
- Free WiFi and internet access to search job websites and upload CVs
- Printing and copying facilities available for a small charge, and free scanning.
- Daily and weekly newspapers to browse the situations vacant
- PressReader to access thousands of newspapers and magazines from around the world.
Each library also has a wide range of books to help you with a variety of topics:
- Interview skills and techniques,
- Interview questions and preparation
- Creating a CV
- Aptitude and other tests
- Starting your own business and managing finances.
Don’t be afraid to ask for a little help!
Your Librarian may not be a Career Advisor, but they can help point you in the right direction.
Careers New Zealand also offers practical tips for everything from careers advice through to writing your CV and job interviews.